Tuesday, November 16, 2010

On a roll...

WOW!  I am feeling so good.  The UNCLUTTERING has spread.  I am feeling lighter and lighter.  What brought things to a head?  A neighbor lost her special companion 3 weeks ago and I am just now finding out.  My friend of almost 50 years was close to death and I did not know it.  GOD SMACKED ME UPSIDE THE HEAD!

My life has become so cluttered with "stuff" that I forgot what was important, people!  So I made a decision.  I have let go of housesitting other than short term (3 days) and nothing during December and January. I unsubscribed to about 25 different daily or weekly devotional emails, Daily guideposts, Country Living, Hillbilly housewife, HGTV etc.  You get the picture.  As much as I enjoy reading and being encouraged by Girlfriends and God, Family Life today, etc, I found all those things shortened my time with God and people.

I confess, once I read something interesting, it tends to lead me to research more.  Reading and researching are my addictions, along with Dr. Pepper.  I tried quitting Dr. Pepper but... 

I have taken a leave of absence from Facebook while I get my priorities in order.  I will check it once a week to touch base with some of my friends.

I need more Roo time.  There is no getting anything accomplished while he is here and so all those emails etc get back logged. 

I am also going to work on my me-do list and see what I can eliminate and minimize.

Except that the scales say differently, I feel so much lighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment