Monday, November 29, 2010

A kink in my plans

I wanted to finish Waylon's quilt over Thanksgiving but between allergies and my sewing machine going on strike, it didn't happen.  I need about 5 hours to finish his quilt.  The hardest part of the whole thing is laying it out for the color design.

I came up with the idea to do a quilt for Kristina.  Crazy I know but once I get another sewing machine setup (my mom's old transformed treadle), I will be on my way.  I am using old flannel sheets with a wintery design.  One set of sheets had a snowman pillowcase so I am using it as the focal point of the quilt.  Sheets sure beat cutting up a lot of old flannel shirts.

I work this weekend plus housesit when I get back so this weekend is shot for working on it but after that, I will be one sewing "machine" (pun intended)!

Whew!! Back to my paying job.

1 comment: