Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Getting to see old friends

If you find a good deal on a new brain at a garage sale, would you please buy it for me. I need one that has a GOOD memory.

Davey called to let me know what time he would be bringing Jimmy and his family by the house Friday.  I HAD TOTALLY FORGOTTEN THEY WERE COMING!!!  I will lay the blame on unexpectedly housesitting for Julie and Don instead of a faulty brain.

Jimmy is Davey's uncle, who is not much older than Davey.  Jimmy was married when I met him and divorced not long after.  Davey, Jimmy and and I were the singles of the fishing group so we always shared a room and a boat.  Jimmy irritated most of the family but he and I always got along.  Due to his work, like Davey he is a plumber, he couldn't always come.

Jimmy decided he wanted to slow down in life so he moved.  I haven't seen him since before I moved here to Marble Falls.  Davey is bringing Jimmy and his new wife by for a visit.  Jimmy's son is supposed to come too.  Jimmy chased women his son's age and his son, always chased women his dad's age.  Believe me, it could get comical when everyone was together.  Sure wish I could remember Jimmy's son's name.  See, I told you I had a faulty brain.

It will be good to see Jimmy and meet his wife.  Too bad it will only be for a short time.

No comments:

Post a Comment