Friday, June 3, 2011

Authors I enjoy

I have always enjoyed Richard Paul Evan's books.  His "Walk" series is very good.  Sadly, the 3rd book will not be out until April 2012.

I have since found another author I enjoy a little bit more than Mr. Evans.  Charles Martin's writings make it possible to feel as if you are right there with the characters.  His book, "The Dead Don't Dance" was movie optioned by Hallmark and then dropped.  His new book, "The Mountain Between Us" has been movie optioned by 20th Century Fox.  Sure hope this one does not fall through.  Because he has changed publishers, his next book will not be released until May 2012.  Look forward to reading "Thunder and Rain", a story of a retired Texas Ranger.

I have now found another author. Ginny L. Yttrup is a freelance writer, speak, life coach and ministers to women wounded by sexual trauma.   Her debut book, "Words" is very good.  The subject matter is very difficult but her way of handling it compels me to keep on reading.

Who are some of your favorite authors?  I know, there are the main ones like Francine Rivers, Teri Blackstock, Karen Kingsbury, but have you found a fairly new author whose a good read?

No comments:

Post a Comment