Sunday, February 20, 2011

?????????

Yesterday, Julie, my mom and I ran to Fredericksburg.  Coming back, we stopped at Rhonda's to see her new house.  Rhonda was so joyous, showing us her new digs, pictures of her kids and their families.  We oohed and aahed and if you know Rhonda, we laughed.  She spoke of her trust in the Lord and the peace she has.

Last night, Rhonda's daughter took her life.  She is the second friend of mine in the last 3 years to lose a child to suicide.  Kirk left behind a wife and 4 children.  Heather left behind a husband and 14 year old son.  Both left parents behind with unanswered questions.

Joyce Meyer said the "Faith is having unanswered questions!". 

There is a group of us ladies who used to meet at my office, Rhonda, Pat, Julie, Candi, and I.  There were others but we were the ones that seemed to be the core group, true sisters in Christ. 

Rhonda and Pat now belong to a group in which no one chooses to be a member.

My heart hurts for my precious sister.  There are no words.....

2 comments:

  1. Oh no!!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!! There is a serious attack going! I am so sorry. This is the fourth suicide I've been unfortunate to know of in the last few years. We have really got to get the word out that there is HOPE! ♥ You and again, so sad but you and Rhonda (and her son-in-law and grandson) are lifted in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How horrible! I am so sorry for Rhonda. I don't know her well, but I know her faith is strong. I can't pretend to know the hurt she is going thru. I will be praying for her, her family and you.

    ReplyDelete