Monday, March 22, 2010

God, pt 4

I have been listening to Joyce Meyer's teachings on the Fruit of the Spirit. I have now listened about 4 times to her teachings on "kindness". In it, she talks about how, when someone hurts us, we want them to pay and pay and pay. She says that mindset is straight from the devil, that he loves it when we want revenge.

Last night, I decided to listen to Joyce Meyer, The Power of our Words. In it, she was talking about how our words, outside of prayer, can make a difference in our prayers being answered. HMMM, something else to chew on.

Anyway, I must admit, I was only about half listening when God pricked my ears to what Joyce was saying. When she asked God why about something, He told her it was because she was being self-centered.

I'll be honest, I did not want to hear it so I decided not to rewind and listen. I was doing Davey's bookwork so my mind would not have really been listening anyway.

Tonight, I will "listen" intently so I can fully understand what God is trying to show me.

No comments:

Post a Comment