Monday, March 8, 2010

Facebook vs Blogging

I am on Facebook. I joined it to follow a friends son's journey with cancer. I maintained that account even after he passed. It has been great to connect with old acquaintances. Notice, I said acquaintances, not friends. I think for some, it is like they are trying to see who has the most friends. Let's be truthful here. I have some "friends" on Facebook who are only there so we could catch up with each other. Once that was over, the communication ceased. And what is with all these farm and hearts etc. Who has time for all that?

With blogging, I can get more intimate, more personal in my writing and know, only my fellow sisterchicks will read it. I know you can limit who sees your stuff on Facebook, but truthfully, I just don't feel like opening up my heart there, so I am going back to blogging while also maintaining my Facebook account.

3 comments:

  1. Yea! It is so good to have you back. I am still holding out on facebook. Just do not have the time for one more computer thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I live on a computer so much so will have to be careful of the amount of time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't share much at all on facebook. Just silly day to day stuff. I know most of the people that are my 'friends' don't want to know that I am losing my sanity because my son is being deployed. And frankly, that is not something I want just anyone to know - only those that can handle the truth that I can actually get crazier than I normally am!

    ReplyDelete