Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Where o where did my sleep go??????

I am sure that y'all have experienced the side effects of the time change.  One good thing about being up at 4am, I can work on my rag quilts.  I am just finishing Gene's (my boss) and will post a pic as soon as I get Waylon and Mom to hold it up for me.  Since Waylon and I do not see each other except on Saturday and Sunday, the pic will have to wait.

Kyra's (my sister's) quilt is next.  I also plan a quilt for Roo but just not ragged.  I can see him putting the rag strips in his mouth and chewing them off.  Definitely no ragging on his quilt.

I need to find more interesting and colorful flannel sheets and shirts.  Gene's quilt is awesome and it was made from sheets.  Much easier to cut up sheets than shirts but shirts can be so much more colorful.  God will provide.  He did for Gene's quilt.

Waylon's divorce is now over.  I pray Waylon will seek the Lord before seeking another wife.  It is hard on this mom to see my son struggling BUT, he knows the answer and refuses to make Jesus a part of it.  He knows I am praying and one day, he WILL accept Christ as his Lord and Saviour.

Guess I better go put Gene's quilt in the dryer.  It takes 4 washings and dryings to get the quilt where it does not leave so many strings behind.

2 comments:

  1. I am going to start a quilt soon. It is different from any other quilt I have seen. When it is done, I'll post a picture of it.
    I am sorry to hear about Waylon. But, I know that with God's patience and your prayers for him, his heart will soften.
    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh great, leave me in suspense!! What kind of quilt?

    After I get my Christmas present quilts complete, I am going to slow down. I do want to make quilts for the kids coming into foster care but not at a hectic pace.

    One of my next projects is a bandana quilt. Never made one but it appears to be easy and the results are colorful.

    I miss you too. I am so ready for a girls weekend at the ranch. Hurry up April!

    ReplyDelete