Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Christmas decorations and Kyra's quilt


Mom and I made some decorations for the tree.  I no longer had any decorations as I haven't put up anything but my nativity in years.  Roo changed that!  We got a brand new 7' tree at a garage sale for $20 and not wanting to spend $$$$ on decorations, I decided to put my creative mind to work and use the card stock piled in my closet and some scrap flannel to make decorations.  Thankfully, someone posted free patterns on the internet to download.   We made several of each pattern and if needed, I can always make more.  Tonight I add the twine hangers to the back and am ready to decorate the tree  with Roo.  They are crushable but not breakable, a very important feature with Roo around.  I have some baskets to put candy in on the tree, after all, the reindeer have to have food too.  Usually they eat candy canes but I am giving them a little basket of Hugs and Kisses (Hershey's).


This is my sister's quilt.  The picture makes the squares look pink but they are salmon and in person, the quilt looks really good.  She spent time in Alaska when her youngest daughter was stationed there, so moose seemed a great idea for a quilt.  At least she will be warm in Maryland, where she lives with her other daughter.

Tonight, I am making Christmas stockings for all.   I have stockings that I made for everyone but Roo, however, it is time for new ones.  Waylon's life changes mean he will be starting new traditions with Roo.  New traditions, so why not new stockings!!!   Making them out of red flannel that has penguins on it.

In case it is not obvious, I love working with flannel.  Next to flannel, I love working with denim. 

Too bad I have to get to work. My creative juices are flowing!

No comments:

Post a Comment