Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My quilt solution

Roo sleeps in my room on a blow up bed.  He is very active in his sleep, plus he sleepwalks so I cover the brick area around the fireplace to keep him from getting hurt.  I found a really cool fireplace screen at a garage sale which hid the ugly gold plated frame that is there now.  The fireplace screen is made out of a metal screen door that went over a front door for security, so it is heavy.  I quickly discovered Roo likes to crawl behind the screen, which causes the screen to tump over and the results are bruises on his body where the screen hits him. 

Okay, the screen moved to another place in the room, pillows of all kinds put in place.  My room looked like a pillow factory had exploded plus, the floor was completely covered in pillows so there was no walk room. For Roo, it became a romper room and once again, the brick was exposed. 

An idea hit! I covered the brick with foam and the foam with a quilt. Than I put pillows in place for a seating area. Now my room feels a whole lot less cluttered and Roo's head is safe.  Okay, so my quilts are a little fru fru but Roo doesn't care.  It is now a place for him to sit and read.  His blowup bed lays right in front of the quilt so he can go from his bed to his sitting area without touching the floor.


1 comment: