Thursday, May 27, 2010

Waylon

With a saddened heart I write that from all appearances, Waylon has gone back to drugs. Guess the pull of the drugs is stronger than his love for Roo. A friend sent this to me this morning. I wanted to share it because there are so many Waylon's out there and I felt this could be for them.

Alisa,
I thought of you earlier in the wk when I read in:
Jeremiah 31:17 "There is hope in your future, says the Lord, that your children shall come back to their own border."

The commentary says, "When children stray from the Lord: One of the greatest heartaches of any believing parent occurs when one of their children has rebelled against the ways of the Lord . God's Word offers comfort and hope in this situation. He understands. Much of the OT is the story of God's children straying. He knows our heartaches. And He promises to bring our children back! He promises that ultimately they will come back to the ways they were taught as children (Prov. 22.6), that peace would be their portion as they encounter Him (Is. 54:13), and that He will fight for us to see salvation come to them (49:25)." Hallelujah!!

Your name and another friend's name is written in my bible beside this and I'm confessing and believing this for you and Waylon.

Then a little further down in verse 25, I'm praying this specifically for you.
Lord, thank you that you have satiated the weary soul (of Alisa) and you have replenished her sorrowful soul." In the Name of Jesus...Amen.

I pray peace and comfort for you today and that the Holy Spirit will bring conviction in Waylon and he will "give up and turn wholeheartedly to the Lord, accepting Him w/o any reservation and serve Him w/great joy" ~ 180 degree turn around!!
♥Love and Blessings♥,


Thank you Janie!

No comments:

Post a Comment