Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Storage room

I am almost finished painting the inside of the storage room.  I forgot to take before pics but oh, well.  How hard is it to imagine dark, unpainted walls.  The walls are complete and now for the ceiling.  I know the ceiling should be done first but Waylon is supposed to paint it and as of yet, he hasn't.  I could not wait as I wanted to get the painting done before the higher temps set in.  I started the ceiling last night, painting a very tight section about some shelving that came with the building.

Each panel of wood and each shelf is a different color.  Love it.  The guy who built the building did a poor job.  The studs are on 24" centers instead of 16", the plywood/panel sections sometimes overlap the studs therefore, the edges of the panels having nothing to which I can attach them.  He used bits and pieces of wood.  Found pieces of duct tape where wood had broken off.  Oh well, it is a storage room and at least it is colorful.

Once the ceiling is done, I need to find someone to help me put my weaving loom together.  I only have a pic, no instructions.  I am getting excited about the loom being put together this year.

Who knows!  Maybe one day I will actually make a rug.

No comments:

Post a Comment