Thursday, December 2, 2010

Almost there!

Boy, did Karen do an excellent job on fixin my sewing machine.  My baby just purrs.  I have 3 more rows to attach on Waylon's quilt, which will take about 1 - 1.5 hours.  Once that is done, then comes the hardest part, ragging the squares. There are 121 squares to rag on each side which means 242 squares on all 4 sides.  My fingers always get so sore cutting the seams into small strips.  This should take 3-4 hours.  The next step, washing and drying the quilt about 5 times to rag the seams.  Due to working at Davey's this weekend and housesitting, I should have the quilt finished sometime Monday night.

Tuesday I will start Kristina's quilt.  Thank you Jesus.  I should be through, dead tired but done, by Christmas.

This year, I get Christmas by myself, no mom, as she leaves the 13th and will return on the 30th.  I have some dear friends I hope will be able to come spend Christmas Day with me but not sure due to her health.

Work is calling my name so best get to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment