Thursday, October 28, 2010

Dottie, Roo and God!

I spend so much time on computers at work that when I get home, I reeeaaaaalllly don't want to be on them at all.  During the day, if possible, I pop on & off Facebook and my email.  I try to read a blog when I can but now that it is the busy season at the office, some things will have to go by the wayside.

Kristina is still up to her old tricks.  She called and asked me to watch Roo, which I did for a few hours on the 13th.  She told me I could have him any weekend.  So last weekend, I arranged to meet them at Walmart to get Roo.  She got mad because Waylon forgot to pack Roo's monkey and blanket and then, Waylon misunderstood where I parked so I was not allowed to take Roo for the weekend.  Now, if I want to have him, I can only talk to her and make arrangements.  YEAH, like that is going to happen.

Julie and I had been talking during our time at the ranch about God. I love our conversations and have truly missed them.  I had been listening to Joyce Meyer tapes and one of her comments really spoke to me.  If we truly believe that all things that happen to us are allowed by God, then why do we get upset if we are stuck in a traffic jam?  Food for thought!!!

Now apply that to the Kristina situation.  I was upset that Kristina was being a ?????, however, I had to realize that God allowed it to happen.  Turns out, it was for the best.  I had Dottie for the weekend.  When I picked up Dottie, Carol sent old towels with me as Dottie had been having a little bit of vomiting,  Friday night Dottie was fine.  Saturday, WHOA!!   That girl can spew buckets but did the green goo have to be in everyone room (I have a light colored carpet that came with the house) and on every braided rug.

Anyway, Dottie was violently ill all weekend.  I thought she might have a bug.  Monday, the vet had to give her an IV and ended up doing surgery that night.  Apparently, some time back, Dottie swallowed something like a small toy.  Anyway, it had moved about in her intestines and finally got stuck.  The vet had to remove most of her intestines.  Her survival rate is 20%.

I am grateful I did not have Roo.  While I was upset that Kristina did her thing, at least I did not have to concern myself with a 15 month old while mopping up green goo time and time again.

I need to remember not to get so upset, look to God and remember He allowed it to happen.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your insight. It's good to see you back (even if it's the only time for a while).

    I am just sick about Dottie. I'm praying so hard. We need her to survive!

    Love you tons!

    ReplyDelete